#BLOGMAS DAY 7 - Fragging

by - December 07, 2016

When a soldier deliberately tries to harm another soldier who's on his side, that's called fragging. At first I thought that it's friendly fire, but that happens by accident. In fashion, it's not an accident.

Small things, like a girl not wanting to share her oh so precious talent of photoshopping to the point where she refuses to give us our own group work because we could profit from it. Seriously. Like I had an exhibition at the Met planned to showcase the excellent airbrushing of our model's skin. I'm sure that I would also get an internship at Vogue, just by handing in those pictures and stressing out the modified light intensity. So sorry to disappoint her, but I really just want to have them because they're mine and I especially want them now that she's making such a row of it. Heavens.

Big things, like the abuse of models in the industry that James Scully pointed out in his VOICES speech on Business Of Fashion (go watch it, he's so great and sincere and you'll cry).

But onto more positive issues! I think I just stole someone a seat on the train, sorta ducking underneath him and throwing myself onto it. I heard him sniff in a annoyed way, that's how I realized he wanted to sit there, but I'm not about to give it up just because he may have seen it first. As every commuter knows, it's a case of do or die. If you show weakness, you grab onto the nearest seat and get strong calves because honey, you're standing up another ten miles. Learn to live with it, like I did.

Do you know the law of attraction? A friend of mine recommends it. I'm too impatient to follow anything to do with waiting for things but she seems really happy with it. It's the thing with the cosmic ordering. I like the restaurant allusion. Oh, I'm tired and thinking about food even though I already ate. Anyways, it also reminded me a bit of the whole waiting for love phenomenom: That's the one thing you really can't force and something that drives me absolutely crazy, so if you're like me in that respect, try to place an order to the universe. Can't do no harm, can it?

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments