#BLOGMAS DAY 18 - Salted Caramel

by - December 18, 2016

That sounds like me, naming a post after the chocolate flavor I had today. But it's a really cute bar of chocolate I got for my birthday from a sweet friend who lives in Maastricht (in the Netherlands). It's pretty salty but also pretty tasty. Does anyone know why salt and caramel are such a great combo? My loveliest friend has made some cupcakes in that style a while ago and I've been meaning to ask her for the recipe for ages, they were so yummy. Even I would bother to bake in order to have them.

What else? I haven't done enough studying today, either, but more than yesterday, so we're on a good road. I also, and I'd like to applaud myself for that, finally gotten around to order part of the gift for my certain someone. I'll tell you what it is after he gets it, because if he politely seems to hate it I'll just pretend I never got him anything and not mention it again. Oh, we have also finally settled on a New Year's plan. I think. See, I had thought he hadn't decided yet in our last conversation about it, so I subtly (directly) asked him about news from the New Year's front and he responded "XXX's party, wasn't it?", like it was perfectly clear. I'll say it once more, texting isn't for me. But yeah, so the party it is (au revoir Paris for now. However, I guess a family vacation wouldn't have been the most romantic manner to go there). Now I can finally narrow down outfit choices! One important accessoire I already have (again, a gift. I have the most thoughtful friends)....

As I'm talking about gifts already, I can also mention that I picked up the copy of Jane Austen's  Persuasion that I got, just an hour ago or so. I've only read a couple pages so far, but what can I say - lovely Jane makes everything sound beautiful and witty and if I'd lived in her time, I'd have founded a fan club of hopelessly romantic, feminist, bookish, fun, 18th century gals. Thinking of that, why not do it now? Applications to me, please.

I should probably go on and work on my design booklet (oh the sound of that alone), but I could also, like, do something fun. That's the greatness of choice we have.

Love,

Rosy Smith





You May Also Like

0 Comments