#BLOGMAS DAY 1 - December Love

by - December 01, 2016

Welcome to this year's Blogmas, lovelies!

After an explosive November, I promise you a cozy, sparkly and nontheless inflamable December – I'd say it's my favorite month of the year if it wasn't for the horrible cold. Let me tell you why....

First and foremost, my birthday
I'll be twenty tomorrow and tomorrow I will definitely fill you in about that to an extend no one needs to bear twice, so we'll wait....

Christmas, duh
A whole month dedicated to love, joy for all, Coke advertisements and gifts? I'm so in. Honestly, everything smells of cookies (I actually don't like cookies, except for speculatius. But they do smell good), the light is dimmed (makes for a great complexion) and clothes are velvety and wooly and it all just feels more quiet and festive and pretty to me.

Other girls just offered an old lady a train seat and now I feel really bad I didn't. But it was a Christmass-y scene, so.

I have to repeat myself, but there's so many birthdays and parties and reasons to buy and get gifts in December, and I adore all of that so much that it's the biggest reason I love this month. It's like there's a huge bow wrapped around the whole of it. And, come on, glitter!

The schoolyear feels like it's come to an end. Although it technically isn't (the worst is yet to come, exams in January = a whole month to scratch from the calendar), classes are over and half of December is spent away from all the inconveniences they bring (trains, people with train personalities, ALL public transport actually, homework, early hours, stuff I don't care about, late hours, everything with wheels besides my beloved car). Heaven.

Advent calendars. That's not the same point as Christmas, mind you. It's about pre-excitement in form of chocolate, or stories, and I love a good tease like that.

I'm wearing such a tight dress that my sparse meal of the day – apple juice and cereal – is sticking out already. I'll give you more details later. Not on the sticking out, but why I'm wearing that dress.

Family time away. A couple of years ago (feels like forever has happened since then) I already told you that I can't imagine Christmas spent at home. For most of my life, we have strictly gone away every year, to ski or, recently, just to be somewhere else. It's just so easy, being at a hotel – you can concentrate on being in the right holiday spirit and putting on your clothes for dinner and going Bowling or whatever together without having to deligate potato-skinning to your loved ones. You don't even have to eat potatos if you don't like them (so gross).

The only thing I miss is a tree of our own (no one has ever let me put my presents under the one in the lobby), so I'll probably grow up to fill my living room with the hugest tree I can find every year.


In that spirit: Get yourself a tree and read my daily updates under it. That would be fun.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments