#BLOGMAS DAY 3 - It's my party....

by - December 03, 2016

....and I'd cry if I wanted to, but I most certainly and decisively don't. I had a marvelous birthday yesterday and today I'm having my soiree with friends and it'll be just lovely, too.

The last but not least present I got yesterday: After dinner with my parents ("Is there anything that'd make me more happy than shrimp pasta?", I asked in delight), my certain someone and I made our way to his car in the absolutely freezing cold - I couldn't stop chattering my teeth (turns out it was pretty brave of me to go outside in sheer nylons and velours heels), so when he handed me a card and a walnut - yes, a walnut of all things -, I didn't even express any surprise, I just took it like it was the most common item you'd expect to be gifted. My brain cells defrosted noteably in the relative warmth of the car and I shook the nut (forgive me, I didn't mean to be punny); ah yes, there's definitely something in there, and capably judging, I think it's jewellry. "How should I open it?", I ask, getting aware that my nails aren't meant to crack nuts open (especially not if someone glued them together). "You don't happen to have a nutcracker with you, do you?" He doesn't (it's like when people bring cake to school and always forget the knife), but he hands me a golf ball and I press both things in my hands until I hear the satisfying crunch. It's a necklace. Golden, with a....an angel, well, an outright putto dangling from it....I'm still searching for a valid reason why he'd choose this particular pendant when he laughs and offers me something else to exchange it for. I jump at the chance (Thank God. I got a bit scared there for a second) and he breaks out a different necklace from his pocket, again golden but with an amulet pendant, embellished with a hypnotic embossment. It looks like something you'd find at an antique market, slightly bent but not dusty. It fits my birthday dress perfectly and it feels warm and smooth between my hands. My very own pirate gold.

My vintagy - attic - Age of Adaline - party ist about to start in a few hours and I still look like a mess (what's new). But take a look at a bit of the decor, if you will:





Now imagine a bit of Glen Miller and some champagne and you're getting where we're going here.

Have the sparkliest night, lovelies.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments