#BLOGMAS DAY 11 - Two things off the list

by - December 11, 2016

Remember that I was about to go to the movies yesterday? The double date (yuck) - but it turned out not to be so double-datey anymore as the girl couldn't be there and I was left with my certain someone and two of his friends. One time they asked me if I preferred clean-shaven guys and I said yeah, 'cause I do, and I realized halfway through explaining my choice ("It's, well, more clean. And more pleasant, overall") that one of them sported a little more than a five o'clock shadow. I did my best to ignore that faux pas in the hopes that everyone else would do it, too (seemed to work).

When we went for drinks after the movie, we passed a small christmas tree stall that had already closed down for the night. I, feeling melancholic about my whole not having a tree situation (I told you about it here), mumbled "Get me one?" over to my certain someone; see, sometimes I should just hold it in for my own good. Obviously, I meant that he'd buy me a tree, and yes, I was aware of the fact that it was nighttime and impossible to do that, but I was partly kidding, for Goodness' sake. Mostly, I was suddenly struck by the vision of him buying one and setting it up with me and celebrating our own little Christmas underneath it and that's where the urge to say that came from - however, if I took off and made my every daydream reality immediatly after having it, I would be very busy and very strange (Imagine forcing some random guy on the street to marry you). So I quickly tried to backpedal and insisted on not needing one after all, but it was too late. Three guys with a surprising amount of criminal energy were hooked on operation christmas tree. And I was head of the gang.

Just lovely.

I swore to keep quiet about this next part to protect my innocence, just this much: I didn't see nothing of my company and walked a couple of blocks all by myself until they suddenly reappeared beside me, a very cute little tree hunched over their shoulders. Where that came from? We'll never know. But I loved it all the same and left it in good hands, namely the ones of the host of an apartment bash we stopped by at. I don't know her personally but she hugged me like we were long lost cousins and that kind of hospitality is exactly what I wanted for my baby tree. Dozens of people were crammed between the narrow walls of her apartment and drank punch from mismatched mugs, staring at our present in awe. One room was set up like a club, with the base shaking the walls, another was occupied by guitar-strumming folks and the third one, the non-smoking/no-music zone became our little gift's home. There's picture proof, but that's private- I don't look my best on them because the flash was on, anyways.

We left the strange, strange (but nice) party and promptly missed our train, but it was still a delightful night. "Two things off the list", he said, and I could have kissed him.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments