#BLOGMAS DAY 2 - Me as a twen

by - December 02, 2016

Good morning lovelies! I'm in my dressing gown, wearing a pink bow around my head, lounging on the couch with my gift table in sight 'cause it's my birthday and I can do whatever I want to do - in fact, I was just browsing pinterest to steal a cute quote picture and got lost in Gilmore Girls themed coffee cups (I have not seen the revival yet so don't you dare spoiler me).

It makes me especially happy that everything matches so well

I can't believe I'm supposed to be twenty years old now - the only way I can put up with that is to think of myself as a twen of the golden twenties, finally able to put on a flapper dress and do the Charleston until dawn. Doesn't that sound marvelous? I got a black velvet dress with gold sparkles and a matching headpiece and clutch, to really live that vision. It's raining now (and my cat insists on having the door open so it's a bit chilly in here), but I really want to wear strappy pumps to dinner tonight (oh oh I just got my Sephora gift email, I mustn't forget that) to complete the picture. I can get very perfectionistic about these things.

I like to use my special time to eat cake. My mom made this absolutely sweet one that knocked me out in all its chocolateness (all the best ones do):
And I had to finish the advent calendar I'm making for my loveliest friend - I'm not exactly the brightest talent for crafting so I won't show you the result (the perfectionism). I also wrapped a present for a friend whose party is tonight - that one came out okay.


Now my nailpolish is drying and I'm getting ready for dinner - Mind you, I might have an hour left, but before I know it I'll forget to even put on earrings and that would be such a shame. Gosh, I love birthdays; the day passes in a golden glow of content and tradition and the evening is one exciting whirlwind.

Fun fact, I have always planned the ten years between now and the mischievous thirty to be the crucial ones: You know, for having a career, getting married, but also for legally having the time of your life. Seems like I have to start on all that now.

Looking forward to a fabulous ride.

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

0 Comments