#BLOGMAS Day Twenty-Four - Christmas Eve

by - December 24, 2018


 My lovelies, it's Christmas Eve again and me and my family are off to our holiday getaway! I've had my massage (I always spend about half the time thinking that I should saviour how relaxed I am and then I realize I'm not focusing on the relaxation and then it all starts again but the other half of the time I'm truly relaxed and it's all wonderful). Also, I now smell like a human honeypot.

Well made tofu is so rare in this world!

There's soup in there, though you can't see it

I think I got steam on my lense by this point

My loveliest friend wrote me a beautiful letter today - we had been reminiscing about our teenage years (I know, seeing how I look like I'm twelve most of the time that doesn't seem so far away, but trust me, I'm old) recently and decided to write a little something about that to each other for Christmas. It's a bit like trying to catch a moment in a jar, so you can save it for later (who knows where I stole that expression?). I think that's one of the things I love most about the power of words, the ability to save and saviour and keep and create forevers.


Speaking of keeping, I brought my camera, as I've told you - I sincerely hope that I'm not messing up the film, because it really takes some time to get used to not being able to see your picture directly after taking it, so you can't really tell wether you're choosing good lighting and things. But I do love the fact that I'll be looking at Christmas photographs again in a few weeks time, once I get this baby developed!

Oh but back to the writing, I got a book called "The Best of Everything", and it sounds absolutely fabulous; it's from the 50's and its main characters are women working in publishing in New York City and the plot follows their personal and professional ups and downs and I've only read a few pages but I feel so spoken to already! Maybe it'll hold some sort of fateful revelations for me, who knows.

I hope you are having a sparkling time with your loved ones right now.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. This is such a lovely post. Have a lovely time. B x
    www.babblesnbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soso much! You too! x Rosy

    ReplyDelete