#BLOGMAS Day Twelve - Lucky Spree And More Suitcases

by - December 12, 2018

If you've known me for a while, you'll have heard me talking about my love for high heels in all shapes and seizes. And that I do not really care for anything flat at all, because honestly: Heels make my legs longer, my strut sassier, my skirts jumpier. Sometimes I forget how short I actually am in public, because I usually don't step out being my "real" height. Heels substitute my preference for tall boys and compliment my love for dress-coded events. When I was working at a magazine last year, not only did I wear block-heeled boots, I changed into outright stilettos to feel important when I twirled around in my stool to sign the postman's notepad. But I also went on a walk along the beach and had to limp to the doctor's the next day who got very mad at me for doing all of the above.

So, let's note here: For activities that entail more than occasional walks to the kitchen/printer/cafeteria/car to restaurant/cinema/tall boy's apartment (I sure walk a lot, thinking about it), I shall own some flat shoes that do not make me feel emotionally short (that's a phrase I just coined and it should be self-explanatory). On my search today, I found a pair of chelsea style boots with tiny silver studs that fit well and basically go with everything if needed, but also some soft suede overknees just a size down so that they are tight enough around the legs (if there's something I hate more than slouchy jeans it's slouchy boots). In a deep conflict of consciousness, I opted for more fabric for my money and went to pay up front, where something truly marvelous happened: The boots, despite not being marked off anywhere, showed to qualify for a thirty percent discount! Thirty percent! I wisely held my mouth shut about my surprise and, after calculating what I'd save for a minute outside the store, went right back in and bagged myself the chelsea boots as well, also for thirty percent less than originally thought.

What a buy! Now I only have to figure out how to fit all these versions of shoes into my carry-on bag for tomorrow. After just having shrug off my jetlag, I'm headed to Cambridge tomorrow to visit my oldest friend at her dorm. I'm very excited, obviously 'cause I love to see her, but also 'cause I imagine it to be a bit like Hogwarts at Christmas. We'll see how accurate I was, but first I gotta actually pack something to wear (I'm thinking cozy sweaters, flippy skirts and my new acquisitions). Oh, and I won't have my laptop, so Blogmas will resume again on Day 18! Europe, I'm coming for you. Maybe I'll get myself a lil' British accent.

See you on Tuesday (but do check my Twitter, if you miss me too much),

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

0 Comments