#BLOGMAS Day 22 and Day 23 - Get Your Appetite

by - December 23, 2018



I know, I know, Christmas is not about the food, but come on, it's pretty high up there on the list of nice side effects. I got three non-Christmassy comfort dishes listed for you, if you're getting tired of mashed potatoes.

Gingerbread 

I am writing this while munching half a packet of Aldi gingerbread (and I'm so specific because it is only that kind that I could live off of). Correction, now it's two thirds. But it's the day before Christmas Eve and I still have to wrap some gifts, prepare some surprises, choose my heels for the hotel (do we go for full-on sparkle or subtle black chic?) and try to get the gingerbread out of my skin system. So obviously, I'm watching himym reruns and reading random files of writing on my laptop instead of doing all these things.

Mac and Cheese

I just realized that I have not had this since living in Hamburg! I took four packets of the blue Kraft mix there and whenever I was really cold from wearing sandals in the northern fall storms, or really tired from packing boxes of clothes and sending them to the wrong places all day, I would just get out the hot water and enjoy the homely cheesiness. I should really get some.

 Red Wine and Pizza

Have you ever had it? The perfect combination. No matter if you're having a party and need a quick snack to soak up the vino, or your car broke down two hours ago and you haven't eaten all day and need the carbs, the calories and the slight head fuzziness, this is what you should have. In fact, since that need arises about four times a week, that's how often you should have it. Heart condition preventing and all.



'tis a short one but as I said, the gift wrapping etc. See you tomorrow!

Love,

Rosy Smith



You May Also Like

0 Comments