The red dress....Blogmas Day 19

by - December 20, 2015

....do others do that too, schedule their clothes? Whenever I buy something new, I plan for the first time of wearing it. I've bought the outfit for my 18th birthday in Scotland in September last year and wore it three months later, for example. My loveliest friend was astonished that I had had the patience to have these new things in my closet and not be tempted to wear them, but I guess this is the only thing that I can bear waiting for - holding back an outfit until the timing is right and it fits into my fantasy plans.

Usually, I know the time and day the outfit is reserved for, as I do obviously when planning my
birthday clothes. However, I made one of these romantic decisions a few months ago, inspired by one of those "You never know" thoughts on which you definitely shouldn't determine your life, because unless you're living in a Disney movie, you can't count on these things to actually happen. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have a very disney-y attitude towards life, but I am aware of the fact that it doesn't apply irrevocably.
Though I didn't take that into account when appointing a new dress I bought that day  
as my official "first date with somebody I'd really like to see"-dress.

Now check your memory for that date.
Exactly.

And if that wasn't sad enough, just think of the poor dress. It's not neccessarily a summer dress but a versatile autumn number I bought early, so there's no seasonal rules keeping me from wearing it - but I couldn't bring myself to do so yet, 'cause of a totally childish and ridiculous thought: What if, if I wear the dress to an occasion other than said imaginary date, it's never gonna happen?

Of course, it's not more likely to happen just because I'm longingly staring at the beautiful thing in my closet everytime I open it. And it's such a tragic waste of an outfit option. So, I'm planning to release it from it's prison of brand-new shininess soon; maybe on a day I'll be at least seeing the person I'd really like to see....maybe it's gonna work as a magic "He'll ask me out"-dress, since I've laid a Disney spell on it and all. Actually, I'm very confident it'll work out that way.

Sounds like a plan, doesn't it, lovelies?

Love,

Rosy Smith

Ps: I know this was supposed to go up yesterday and I'm terribly sorry but I didn't feel well and had to go to sleep early. I'm all bright and chirpy this morning, though, and you'll get today's post in perfect time! x



You May Also Like

0 Comments