The Day Before Christmas....Blogmas Day 23

by - December 23, 2015

....also known as the most stressful day of the holiday season. At least, for me. Cause it's the day before we go away and as people who are about to go on a trip tend to do, everybody decides to freak out a little and overstuff their suitcases with things they won't use to save their lifes and tries to think of the one obligatory thing they've forgotten but can't remember, which is usually something unessential like a bathrobe (they've got you covered at a hotel, duh) but knowing there's something you had thought of at one point can bother you for years.

Another remarkable thing about "last days before blank" is that I never get anything done even though I'm technically busy all day long. On the last day before my math exam, the most productive thing I did was sharpen all my colored pencils (as if I'd used a single colored pencil in my math exam). On the last day before a vacation, I could study but I find myself watching a video of Kim K having a diaper changing battle with Jimmy Kimmel instead. I need to dry my hair and pack my handbag but I choose to sit and chew half of my gum reserve for school.

However, lovelies, in the evening, when everything there was to stress about has successfully been stressed about, when you can't possibly shove another handkerchief into your bags and you honestly don't have the nerve to care about the stupid bathrobe or whatever the annoying thing you can't remember has been anymore - that's the point when you can put on some TV, treat your freshly washed hair with a ridiculous number of different products, dim the lights, and get all cuddled up, squeaking out "It's Christmas Eve tomorrow!" in regular intervals to get all psyched up about it, exactly how it's supposed to be.

Then you retreat to your room and remember that you still have to charge your Ipod. But you do that with a zen smile on your face - silent night, and everything.

And now we can all go to bed and lie there with our eyes wide open in excitement! That's the best part about "last day before"; not only it's not over yet, it hasn't even begun, but you're already feeling as if it had.

I'll see you tomorrow - all sparkled up for the holiday's sake! 

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments