2nd of December, otherwise known as MY BIRTHDAY ....Blogmas Day 2

by - December 02, 2015


I love my birthday. I'm so excited for it that I, in fact, didn't even take the unique chance to sleep in until nine am, but chose to wake up at eight and spend an hour happily sitting up in bed, answering texts.

Why, hello there
Then, I got dressed in a vintage red velvet slip-on, clipped my hair back in curls which had miraculously appeared during the night for once, smothered on Manhattan's Bite My Lip lipstick and my jewelry which I've had since I was born - just in time to rush down the stairs to open the door to my loveliest friend.
As you may gather, I like to dress up on my birthdays (any other day as well, but today I can justify it) - I always have. Actually, on my 3rd one, I've worn a pretty similar red velvet dress, to be honest.

Anyways, we had breakfast and cake (it was good, if I do say so myself, and I'm relieved 'cause it was basically all I'd planned on eating till dinner) and I unpacked my presents, which is my favorite part. I didn't regocnize my surprise present instantly (my loveliest friend guessed it to be an apron - thank God she was wrong), but it's a tremendously cute dressing gown, something I've been wanting a long time, and it makes me look like I'm straight outta the fifties (which I like).
I also got a Sleek contouring kit which I tried out on my loveliest friend. I'm not sure I've gotten the hang of it yet, but that's what friends are for, right?

Random Birthday Thought
I just really enjoy the thought of being brand new each year with this day: for some it's New years eve, but I feel like my birthday is the start of a new chapter. My loveliest friend send me this today:

I also pretend I don't have any obligations at all when it's my birthday. Today, for instance, after my friends had left, I sat with my family and read and watched Say Yes To The Dress and basically had the time of my life on the sofa. Soon we'll go out for dinner to one of my favorite places and then I'll sit next to my gift table and be pleased with the world....

I hope you had a fabulous day as well.

Love,

Rosy Smith



You May Also Like

0 Comments