Blessings of public transport II - four is better than one.... Blogmas Day 17

by - December 17, 2015

There's a double meaning in my headline. Sure, I'm gonna rant on about public transport,  obviously. But this is the story of four girls whom it took four hours to get home....


It was all fun and games when our whole class (consisting of eleven, so it's not that big of a deal) sneaked out of the building before last period in a manner that would've done a Mr.Bean comedy justice. We were acting incredibly obvious, pressing against the elevator walls and then running head-over heels past the teacher's lounge, but trying to stay on our tip-toes, which totally doesn't look suspicious in 3 inch heels and a giant schoolbag over your arm. Whatever, it was one of these "you had to be there" situations which are actually really funny. Believe me. When one of us almost ran into the glass door, it really was a sight to relish.

But the thing with being bad is, while it's fun to do, sometimes you end up raising your eyebrow and seriously starting to believe in karma for at least five minutes.

We had a 15 minute delay, which is bearable, you know, you get pretty zen about little snickets like that after a while. But I guess the good start was supposed to trick us into thinking we'd be home in two hours. Ha! You wish! We made it to the first station; then, the train- well, it stopped. And stood there. For a while. And then, a little longer. People got scared, let me tell ya. One after the other, they stood up and got the hell outta that train. As for me, my phone went dead. Which is always a nice addition when you're already scared for your life (or your way home). Long story short, we got thrown out of the train. It was broken, as the lady on the speakers euphemistically put it. I'm asking you, how exactly does a train "break" in the middle of the freaking tracks?

Anyhow, so we were basically stranded in some station in the middle of nowhere (not as bad as the last time that happened to me, though) with about a hundred of other's who were all crowding onto the next possible train, so we didn't catch that. Meanwhile, I'm on my friend's phone with my mom, trying to explain to her that I had no idea when I was ever gonna be back. We were on 70 per cent, and you know how long that's gonna last an Iphone (oops, brand name dropped, sorry Apple).Exactly.
When our next train got cancelled as we anticipatingly stood on the track in the pouring rain (did I mention it was raining? Maybe not quite pouring, but my hair doesn't really care, it was totally done for), I remember letting out a choked scream that got two other girls' attention. Poor things had been even more unlucky than us, seeing as the phone of one of them had just gotten stolen. To the douche who ripped it off her, what kind of manners are those? The lady had just been thrown out into the dark city without public transport after a long day slicing up a corpse (med students, don't be scared)! How dare you take her only way of communicating with somebody who's not stuck here? She could probably find some important vein on you in absolutely no time, so better back off.

Naturally, we decided to continue our travels in a foursome (hence the bouncy headline) and managed to get to the next big station in only 40 minutes, which is basically no time (if we had a hundred years to live, that is). Running up and down the stairs, a few urgent messages to mom (no, I'm taking another line now! No, I have no idea where that comes from! And I don't care!) and soon enough we were positive to be going in the right direction. We were having a ball by now, hyped by the hysteric mood and the irony of me and my friend being later than we'd ever been if we'd only stayed for the last lecture.

Imagine our hair (two naturally curly heads over here). Imagine our physical exhaustion. Not to mention the psycho terror. Now, imagine a bunch of freaking dyed-blonde youtube wannabes or something walking past us, asking if we "had any idea where to find first class on this train?". On a public train, of which I only vaguely knew it was getting me home. I think I just laughed into their faces a little off-rockers. Another girl said "do we look like we knew that?" meaning, do we look as if we give a damn about where you're gonna place those acid wash jeans. "No, you certainly don't". Right. That's what he said. You should've seen the murderous look on our faces.
That's not how you gain subscribers, lovely. Bet you're not telling your audience about that entourage of yours.

Finally, we were on the last inches to my station- the others had to go one or two further. Under their applause, I was about to leave into freedom as the first one of us. Then I heard it: "This train will be stopping here due to people on the tracks". I turned to the others, who were about to be trapped for another twenty minutes.
That's the point where I sink down onto the stairs, hysterically laughing. It would've been awesome if it hadn't been so sad.

Soo, after I found my contenace again and stepped out of this madtrain into the real, comforting world, and about another hour, which added up to four in total, every one of us arrived, at last.

And vowed to never take the train again.

Until tomorrow morning....

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

0 Comments