To quote....Blogmas Day 21

by - December 21, 2015

....I like quotes. Not neccessarily those who pop up first on brainyquotes.com, or those who get printed on coffee mugs which then get posted on tumblr where the actual quote first catched the coffee mug printer's eye (and that, everyone, is the digital age cycle of life. Turn that into a quote!). I mean, I have scrolled through tumblr and been like: This might be "another one of those inspirational phrases", but it's a really good inspirational phrase. It's actually inspiring.

But additionally, I love real, literary quotes. You know, classic ones out of Pride and Prejudice and Gone With The Wind and Wuthering Heights, or contemporary ones, or even books I've read in school. I think it's so fascinating how just a few sentences, sometimes even only one, can express a certain feeling, or mood, or attitude, and make you feel like everything you've been trying to say and failed to before is now written out perfectly. It's even more thrilling that you might find parallels between your life and, say, Alice in Wonderland? Doesn't that make everything so much more exciting?

Oh, and Shakespeare. I admit it doesn't all make sense to me. But it sounds mesmerizing.

I've actually been one of those kids who really, truly enjoyed analysing (I have a feeling I spelled that wrong and that would be completely mortifying) poems, and scenes, everything. I don't care if you think that exclamation mark simply happens to be there. Don't tell me the author didn't think about that. He probably didn't - but I freaking do and I will put some meaning into that no matter how.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments