I feel good writing - Blogmas Day 3

by - December 03, 2015

....so as you know I call myself a writer, hence, it's probably no surprise to you that I am very happy if I get the chance to write in peace. This summer, the pages of my diary have been full, simply because I had more time to actually sit down and describe in detail what happened to me or how I felt or to jot down these random thoughts that hit me in the weirdest places where I don't have a notebook (working on that). It's not that nothing happens at all other times, it's just that I can't get my behind up to stay up late in order to capture my adventures for the rest of the world to enjoy. And I'm not only talking diaries, I'm talking poetry, lyrics, columns....Sadly, I can't put them on screen through telepathy, 'cause that would really help me.

Anyhow, today I had journalism class and I think I've asked some annoying questions. You've never seen me in class- I can get pretty active. Today, I felt the old spirit of raising my hand and being determined to get called because I wanted to tell everyone about my opinion, if they liked it or not. Which was, in short, that I thought research protocols are stupid (you might have seen me being nasty about that on twitter) and I don't see why they're neccessary. If I want to write a report, I know exactly how I want it to be and which opinions I'm gonna state, and I need my sources according to that, not some useless protocol with a pool of information I don't care to use. I'm not sure my teacher fully understood what my problem was, because if he did gather that said problem consisted in that I don't want to do my semester paper, at least not according to his task, he'd probably would've resignated from teaching me. To be just a tad more exhausting, I questioned the fact that there are always two sides to a story, no matter how illegal the topic of said story might be, which seems to be some sort of golden rule of journalism - you know, never be biased and all that. My teacher said that even if there was a murder, a valid explanation for his behaviour has to be featured in order to consider all aspects. I could barely hold myself back from saying that I don't freaking want to consider all aspects 'cause I really don't care how a murderer justifys stabbing someone, but I managed to just sorta mumble it. Because I have a feeling a journalist is supposed to care for those kind of things. Too bad.

Now I'm at home and I've written a little something in my diary and for this blog and even for one of my school projects, and I've felt perfectly content doing so. If this college thing only consisted of me writing lovely things, I would be so up for it (though I'm not sure just how much the train situation is affecting my opinion on this). Research protocols, I'll note here, are not lovely things. But I'd take one of those over burning textiles and guessing their consistency by their smell anytime.

Where are all these creative writing courses they take in the movies?

Love,

Rosy Smith 

You May Also Like

0 Comments