I'll try disciplined tomorrow....Blogmas Day 12

by - December 12, 2015

I got up quite early, actually, but it goes to show that it's not about how you start your day, it's about how sleepy you get by noon and how good your YouTube feed's looking this morning. There. Life lesson. Ha.

I printed out about a hundred pages of lecture and decided that I couldn't possibly go on printing ALL of my subjects in one day so I made a very subtle effort to get dressed and rushed downtown to buy some Christmas presents- I love the feeling of being out there with all those busy people running around looking for something, be it pretty things or the right ingredients for something or love or a bench to sit on....and I'm in the middle of it all, having a mission (can't tell you what or I'll ruin the surprise). I even made a nail appointment; if that's not proof of me being fully organized, I don't know what is.

Just so that you can picture it, on my little spontanous trip I wore a grey cozy sweater with a simple black skirt and tights (see, minimal thought went into this - if you want to be on the save side, wear a skirt and no colors, you'll do fine), but actually all one could see were my legs peeking out from underneath my furry coat (fake, if you must ask) and ending in some heeled boots. All of this was supposed to distract from the fact that my hair's on its third day. Gladly, the one person I talked to was the clerk in an interior store who didn't seem to mind. Guys don't notice chipped nail polish. Another lesson, but I guess deep down we all know that - nobody wears their polish for guys, though, so it doesn't really make a difference, does it, lovelies?

The good kind of yearning
Kind of changing attitudes here, but I felt that today, maybe in the middle of a piano session or during dinner; Missing someone or something but not being frustrated over not seeing them, just kind of looking forward to seeing them again, one day, you know, hopefully soon of course, but that's not the point of this feeling. The point is that you might be waiting for something, but you're still happy in the process of doing so. Well, at least content. If you've been in this state, hold on to it, before you walk down the dark lane of chocolate marathons and annoying your best friend with nonsense about how you thought this could be something. Not that chocolate marathons are a bad thing. But you get me in this context, right?

Dang it. I always end up losing track of time after dinner and around 11 pm I remember that I need to shower and I'd wanted to watch a movie in peace for once and oh, I have to get that chipped polish off. Then again, I'm getting cold and tired.

Well. I don't want to spend half of Sunday in the shower, so I guess hair is the winning prority here. Screw the rest. After all, I already planned to get things done tomorrow!

Love,

Rosy Smith





You May Also Like

0 Comments