Flashback Friday: Love it here....09/04/2013, London

by - September 04, 2015


So, I found once again that it’s almost impossible to remain groomed and fresh after a transatlantic flight- like I always wondered how people could get out of a plane, after 12 hours traveling in a uncomfortable chair, dry air and only a terrifyingly tiny bathroom to use, and look like they just took a hot bath, blew out their hair and visited their personal stylist? I travel in leggings, a sweatshirt and Converse, pull my hair up and let it down again approx. ten times so they electrify like I just had an accident invoving a pluck socket and I get absolutely no sleep–usually I go straight to sleep once we arrive at the hotel. This time though we arrived at seven am and refused to waste the whole day, meaning I didn’t make the best first impression with my appearance.But the London girls sure did on me! They had casual circular skirts out of jean and leather paired with flat, low boots or sassy flats and blouses which was a cool mix of being flirty and feminine and dressing it down.
I also have to mention the accent! I’m so fascinated how different one and the same language can sound, and I’m so intrigued by how classy everything seems once you say it in British(overall, London has a very classy atmosphere), I’m almost tempted to get myself that accent. 

So far, so lovely. Talk again soon!

Oh my, I miss that city. Not because I don't absolutly adore NYC - I just love to go places, especially those who have such a distinct atmosphere to them. When I think of London, I think of Fish&Chips with my parents on a bench in the sun, of that park with people spread out over blankets during their lunch break in the middle of traffic, of our lovely hotel near the Tower Bridge tube station, of Picadilly at night in light shirt dresses and strolling through the streets trying to look British (probably failing that). Reading this, you might think that my impressions are both touristic cliches as well as impressions you get in any city, but I dare you to visit more than one and you'll see, they each make you feel completely different - even though all big cities make me feel fabulous. 

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments