Let's have some fun....

by - September 20, 2015

My loveliest friend discovered "I'm Black" by Lena and I'm so infused right now, I'd like to go dance on some tables. Since I guess it's not the right time of the day for that, seems I have to take you back to the weekends instead....

....There's been a lot of 18th birthdays recently and they've alle been very different. No.1on last Saturday has been a guy from my Lit class back in school - I like him, but we're not close or anything. Dressed in a purple-greyish lace number and heeled boots, my friend and I arrived about half an hour late as you do when you hate to be first, just to find that this thought  had also crossed other people's minds and it still felt as if it hadn't really started yet. The location is known in our neighbourhood and therefore not particulary exciting either, but they had a pizza truck - isn't that awesome - and at least one knew where to get a drink.
The most fun part of the evening was to see mildly drunk people literally dance like nobody's watching, which is the only excuse for their, let's say, outgoing style. Too bad that there were people watching- now you all know....One of the enthusiastic dancers has been a former aquaintance of my loveliest friend, who was relieved that she hadn't been present that night when I imitated his moves for her later. She probably would have either had an hysterical laughing flash or plainly left in devastation. He seemed so normal, but don't they all?
Anyways, the party was just so oblivious....it breezed by in a cluster of former classmates we realized we really didn't need to see again and mostly bad tunes. The pizza was good, though. Around half past twelve, we decided we had enough and went home to watch Beloved Jane with Anne Hathaway, wondering why we don't know any gentleman, and getting sad on account of poor Jane who didn't go through with running away with the love of her life (mind-blowingly depressing).

Flash forward to this Friday I'd been waiting for in eager anticipation this whole week: One of my loveliest friends turned 18 and had a little come together that night. I had undergone a solo shopping trip to get her a good present - I'm the worst when it comes to choosing presents. I always need to go "somewhere", looking for inspiration, since I want them to be special and meaningful. Usually, I end up buying a bunch of random things I need to explain in the birthday card in order for everyone to get the sense of them. This time, it actually worked out quite well and I was curious if she'd like it (she did. Phew.). I was there early (ha! If I'm not totally late, I arrive way to soon, just so it's inconvenient anyhow) and tried my best to help instead of standing around uselessly in my party outfit. I was doing the latter, though, when somebody I'd also been waiting for in eager anticipation arrived. He asks how I am, I say "goood" in my most unnatural voice (I wasn't prepared for more than hello) and well....it felt nice to have him around but in a room full of people, though you don't get into meaningful conversations, especially if you're both surrounded by different groups. Maybe he glanced my way a couple times, maybe he didn't mean to, maybe he lights up when we run into each other, maybe he doesn't - that's the  problem with friendly guys, they never go around moody and blow you off or ignore you, they are nice and polite to everybody so you can't tell if they give a damn more about you than about others. Maybe that's the actual reason why girls are so drawn to bad boys, because with them being rude to everybody, at least you know what it means when they're suddenly attentive to you. Deciding not to think too hard about that, I really, really enjoyed myself. I met friends from school I actually do miss having around, the music was lovely (a mixtape for the birthday girl featuring some titles which had a thirties dancing vibe to them- I adored it) and the inner circle sat talking until three in the morning, which is always a sign of a good party.

The next day, my loveliest friend and I made our way to see another birthday girl - and we drove. See, we both have a destructive attitude towards driving and it's always very fun when we are driving together, full of swearing at all the other cars which are unneccessarily annoying. We arrived alive and well, though, and had cupcakes and hot dogs at our friend's house. It was a sweet evening, one of these where you can sit at one table for five hours straight and not notice.

Now it's Sunday and I'm gonna try and capture the feeling of enjoying myself and keep it with me when I'm off to school again. Until I go out for the next time....Cause there's always some fun.

Love,

Rosy Smith

 

You May Also Like

0 Comments