Get some insight....September

by - September 26, 2015

Starting of with it, since I don't want to go into the boring details of how I'm obsessing over dissecting my decision to go to fashion school for too long....I like to describe the start of September with the phrase Summertime Sadness, which I define as the intense longing to be back in a time when the days were full of (sun)light, the clothes were frilly and flowy and left lots of skin to be caressed by the heat. When one could sleep after breakfast if it pleased you, go venture about the most random places, say yes to any invitation and just do so much even though non of it has been work-related. It is such a shame, to get used to a stricter schedule than ever before after having been so carefree. I most certainly wouldn't have minded to stay that way. Naturally, every freshman suffers this particular feeling, usually in the way too early morning or the way too dark evening spent riding the stupid train to or from school. It's a tough break-up - I guess you could compare it to a Nicholas Sparks novel, perhaps The Notebook. My one true love has been this summer, and now it's not even writing me a single letter and I have to assume it's never coming back to me.
I tend to get a little dramatic these days in case you didn't notice.

On the brighter side, I actually went out every weekend this month (I probably would've gone totally nuts if I'd stayed home all the time) and I found that the worst week can end well if you know what to do (read how) - yesterday, for instance, me and my loveliest friend celebrated our last night together before she is off to France tomorrow. Isn't that positively exciting? I mean, I miss her already, but I'm sure she'll have the time of her life and come back composed like a true french girl, clad in Chanel, looking flawless and radiating a cool, laid-back chic when she tells her tales of how she got that je-ne-sais-quoi....I really, really want to visit her in Paris! We had a drink at a lovely bar yesterday, then took a stroll through the city (eg. we got kinda lost and our feet hurt like hell, but it's about the spirit) and ended the night at a known club in the early morning, still on our heels, just like truly fearless city girls do - I'd say we're ready to take on the city of lights. 



What else to do: Keep the spirits up during fall by indulging in fashion and reading Pride and Prejudice for the 100th time; Start to write my birthday wish list; join a lottery and win a trip to Fiji; apply for a job as a musician at an elegant bar and become a singer; eat more lunch and less M&Ms.

Who cares for cold if there's glitter? Top: Hollys,skirt: H&M,shoes: Steve Madden,bag: Shanghai


Question: Why do M&Ms not count as lunch? And does anybody else do their makeup on the train or is it weirding people out when I openly rub concealer over my nose? I wonder if there are any unspoken rules about that, you know, some etiquette naming that it is inappropriate for a lady to show her transformation in public. I think I remember something about french women always or possibly never powdering in public places. I'll have to look that up.

I bet October will be adventurous for all of us. And if yours isn't, stay with me.

Love,


Rosy Smith



                                                                                                                                                                                        




                                                                                                                  


You May Also Like

0 Comments