Reading List....BLOGMAS DAY 7

by - December 07, 2017


As an aspiring writer I have a reputation to uphold concerning my reading. I do it all the time, usually - while eating, while doing my makeup, while doing math homework (needless to say, that prolonged the task a little). But moving here, I couldn't take a lot of books and the ones I did take were kinda random....


Arcadia Awakens

This is a teenage fantasy romance that I got at an age where it was actually appropriate for me to read, don't worry. It starts off as a nice mafia love story in Sicily and turns into a questionable tale of dynasties turning into reptiles and stuff. I just happened to read it the night before moving and grabbed it in the morning because I was unprepared as ever.

Wuthering Heights

To compensate, the next one I picked up from my shelf back home got to be Emily Bronte's story about two star-crossed lovers on the moor who sabotage their every chance on happiness until they're both dead. It's a real mood enhancer. But honestly, the first time I read it, I couldn't stand any of the characters, and the third time around they're still screwed up, but the story gets you more and more (or moor - oh my God I'm sorry).

Anne of Green Gables

I mentioned before that I used to read this series when I was about 14, and I just started over on the train ride this morning, and it is absolutely as endearing as I remember, if not more so. I think this will tap on my spin for beautiful phrasing again, because I just love books that are not only a great story, but also written carefully, like language is a craft that can be formed out to be pretty. Also, this is a children's book in some ways, but one of those that can be appreciated even more when you're older, and those are the best ones.

Hope you're reading something special.


Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments