My 21st Birthday....Blogmas Day 2, 3 & 4

by - December 04, 2017




After a whirlwind weekend between waking up 21, meeting friends and family, running around in a swinging dress and flying back and forth, I'm not gonna come at you with a detailed description of that - but what about a little "some things I got for my birthday"?

Red leather gloves

Because I got it into my head to be walking around with those this winter - can't resist a bit of a Cruella de Ville vibe. Just without the puppy thing. See, I can only accept the fact that I have to dress warm if I can look like a Russian figure skater while I'm at it.

The "Melodrama" songbook by Lorde

Searching for piano chords that are almost never right on a tiny phone screen that slides off the piano and makes the speakers go crazy is stressful, so I like to have sheet music. Also, that theme speaks to me.

Anne Of Green Gables

Ah, simpler times. I used to read this when I went on a horseback riding vacation with my loveliest friend, and I still had those very skinny grey jeans and could eat as many gummy worms as I wanted without getting sick, and when my heart wasn't broken and a story of love wouldn't make me hurt all over.

A straightening iron

Finally! I mean, I know I look like a gnome with straight hair (my precioussss), but I only want to use this to tame those nasty flyaways (my shadow resembles a halo sometimes) and maybe solve the mystery of how to do curls with a straightener. What a milestone.

Avène Thermal Water, belgian pralinés and Christmas ornaments.

 I can see myself, skin glowing healthily, munching chocolates from a pretty package, in my own decorated living room (well, the side of the room with the sofa). Is that what grown-ups do?

Come and find out with me.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments