Life Question - circa 2013

by - February 13, 2016

This is still a thing to me.

So I just saw a guy in moccasins, going all ew in my head cause I really don't appreciate that trend. Who even started that? Now I see fringes everywhere, like, this isn't a costume party! Anyways, I'm drifting off, it's just that I realized there's this boy I know who also wears moccasins and I actually like him. The thing is, I came to like him before I ever noticed his disastrous taste in footwear. When I did, I sorta went ew, too, but I couldn't think it with the same vehemence. I mean, he was still the same person, it would have been irrational to treat him differently because of his shoes-but thinking about it, people I meet on the subway (or, here in London, the tube) I actually do judge after their shoes, in a way. I bet you know what I mean, that little all-over-look you give people and then stare a little longer if they're hot or look away with a you-are-wearing-moccasins-why-do-you-do-this-to-me-look (just an example). The important question that hit me then and there- Would I ever have gotten friendly with that one person if I had seen him in those shoes first? And what meaning do certain style-standards of ours have if we skip them as soon as we started to like somebody? Do we only use them to rank total strangers we never meet again and get our mind set on things like clothes and shoes and hairstyles, just to waste time?

This is confusing me right now. Whatever, I hope people get over the moccasin-thing soon so there's no need for me to question my principles.

Love from a London tube,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments