Damn - eloquent as ever....

by - January 04, 2016

....and there's me on the street listening to Sparks Fly VERY loudly and pretending to walk down a T-stage, only that it's 8 am and way too dark to see anything resembling a spark.

I swear, I was on lovesong-level zero a few nights ago, seeing as somebody changing his hair can make me loose all interest I ever had in being the love of their lives (proving once again my unbelievable personal depth). At least I thought so for about three hours, and the worst thing is, I was actually fine with it. Usually, as you might know, I get seriously disappointed when I realize that my latest affections were given to the way somebody carries their jeans and quickly disappear as soon as they change into a bermuda. It's always a little sad to find out it obviously wasn't the real deal, once again. However, this time I just thought: Alright, saves me some complications during finals (what have they done to me, here I am, being reasonable).

I mean, it's not okay that your hair grows longer than mine does within three months. (Relative to one another of course. I can't tolerate long long hair, that's just....no.) It's not only unfair, it's against the rules. The rules, if you're wondering, include not getting a tattoo, nose job, or new haircut while I'm crushing on you, 'cause that's interfering with my imaginary feelings. Sorry if this isn't very comprehensible, but it all made sense to me around 4 am that night.

The thing is - and here goes my issue - that I actually think I got over the hair. Devastating, isn't it? Me, the girl who will scratch your name from her diary if you blow your nose in her presence. I know. My loveliest friend suggested that there is always some kind of backleash after you've not seen somebody for a while and went totally crazy for them in your head. Because after the first shock, you remember why you sorta kinda liked them in the first place, and remember how sweet they were, looking down at you and making sure you find a seat and smiling that little smile that can keep you up for hours wondering if they're an annoyingly, adorably polite person or if they like you just a little, little bit in a way that makes them, too, go....

....well, damn.

Not much to add here.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments