Hunt 'em boots....

by - January 23, 2016

....It all started a couple weeks ago when I had some free time during school hours and wandered into a shoe store to amuse myself. In the categorization of shopaholics, I'd say I'm a shoe//dress addict combination, so this is really no unusual place for me to seek satisfaction in. This store in particular had lots and lots of beautiful ankle boots and I wanted to own them all - who cares they're all plain black leather with a similar heel? Each one was smiling at me in an oh so irresistible way, I could only aw and beam at them in a happy daze, sauntering from one to the other. Then, I spotted them: The one pair of boots that wouldn't make me feel like I was eleven again and stuffing not-so-skinny jeans into shoes in which I look even shorter than I already am.

You have to know, lovelies, that I stopped wearing boots that go over my ankles years ago and have only worn low shafted ones ever since. Furthermore, I solely own a single pair of flat winter shoes because with all of the layers and fuzzy big coats going on at winter time, I like to stand as tall as I possibly can. I've not missed wearing boots much since I felt my legs show a lot better in ankle boots, anyways - however, recently I kinda wanted to have a pair again, just to provide a little more variety in the footwear game. But goodness, there are SO many weird flat overknees with a flap out there, as opposed to SO little options with a decent heel that isn't so thin that when you wear it to school or work people try to stuff money into their rim (those can be really cool, but I guess I want to start with more wearable ones and work my way up) and a height that compliments my leg. So, when I tried on my find back then, I was really excited about them and took some pics while I strutted around in the store, where I've felt so at home that I'd taken my coat off and left my shoes God knows where. Don't ask me where those vanished to.

And then, I didn't buy them.

I know! It's such a shame, but they were kind of pricey, and I hesitated, and then I had to catch a ride and go to class or something profane like that, and I left them.

But if it's real love, you'll always meet again, as someone wise probably said in a somewhat different context, so by fate, I walked into that same store last week and they had 50% off.
You heard me right. If that isn't the stuff great romances are made of, I don't know what is.
I quickly consulted the situation and realized I had to be on my stupid train home in six minutes, so I made dramatic promise to the sample boot and ran as "I will always love you" played from the station speakers....

The next plottwist is supposed to be a train delay on Monday when I'll gain enough time to try them on once again and sign my receipt. If that won't work out, pray for me that the 50 % discount will last until Wednesday, when I'll surely, definitely have a spare half hour to succeed.

Wish me luck.

Love,

Rosy Smith



UPDATE:

The discount lasted until Wednesday. However, they didn't carry my size anymore and I would've cried if I hadn't been distracted by a lady telling me not to leave my bag out of sight or it would get stolen. It was like my mother sent her.

At home, my warrior sense strenghtened itself and I started a semi professional online search and found a pair in my size! In a different city, but we're desperate here. I made a few calls, pridened myself and my investigative skills, and actually persuaded someone to get them for me and drop them at my doorstep. It felt like the last lines of a fairytale.

And here they are, my treasured ones:

Need to find that camera charger

You May Also Like

0 Comments