Some News....

by - February 07, 2017

....The good and the sad:

The really sweet girl who joined our class last semester and has been on my team during the many class quarrels is leaving again already. I'm gonna miss her; She made me take the stairs every day, kept me company on many coffee runs and faithfully took that last class on fridays that everyone else blew off with me. I'm on my way to her goingaway-night just now. This really weird guy in a cap and sunglasses in the seat in front of me is talking through the space between our seats - I accidentally looked at his reflection in the window while innocently looking out of it and now he's turning to me, saying "I'm married, but I like you" and I am somehow not as flattered as he probably thought I should be. Right now I'm really trying not to meet his eye again. I think it's working, he shut up. Oh, now he's asking for my name. Stare at the floor, pretend you're deaf. Dang it, I can't even say that one sentence in sign language (does one really say "say" something in sign language or is it "sign"? I'm honestly curious about that). Good, now he's taken to talk to other random people in that very slurry voice, holding up his paper bag can and, um, starting to sing.

Alright, let's get to the good stuff! I'm actually going away on Thursday! Three days of Mallorca, a Spanish island (I know it's a way short trip but better than this cold drizzle here). I haven't packed a thing yet. That's because I want to take some sarongs and my flappy hat but the weather forecast says sensible shoes and maybe a light cardigan and we haven't come to a mutual agreement yet. It's going to be lovely, still - just think Tapas and walks along the seaside and Flamenco performances and tiny European boutiques (maybe they got lace-up boots!)....

Spoiler Alert: I'm on season eight of Friends and just in the middle of watching Rachel have her baby, and I so want her an Ross to get together already but I fear that they're gonna push my personal happy ending way back near the actual ending and that makes me sad. Not sad enough to stop watching it like a hypnotized rabbit every single night, of course.

Okay, so right this moment I found the perfect lace-up pair on Ebay, and for very little money, too (so it wouldn't even be that much of a bummer if they weren't comfortable) and now they're seriously telling me that my size is out of stock. I am considering if I might fit into a size 5, after all. This might be my only chance!

Love,

Rosy Smith





You May Also Like

0 Comments