No Thread

by - February 13, 2017

So I'm back home after a few days of vacación on the island of Mallorca, Spain, full of the usual motivational spirit that always overcomes me when I'm away. It just seems so easy to make the ultimate plans to score an internship when you're dreamily staring into the sunset and your biggest problem is to take a picture of the single sailboat swimming there without getting it too bright, you know?

Also, one should ask beforehand if the shrimps you're ordering are prepared in any way. Because I didn't and I got them the way God made them, complete with legs and tentacles and whatnot. It was nasty to look at (yes I am one of those people who refuse to eat things when they look too alive) but there were about ten giant sea animals on my plate and I couldn't possibly leave them all uneaten, so I grabbed fork and knife and hoped I wouldn't slide off and send pieces of fish organs all over the place. I managed, but it took quite a while of concentrated surgeon work. The bread table looked like a cemetery afterwards. But the meat was good, if that's still of any interest!

Coast town streets are narrow as hell. I would have freaked out if I had to drive there, but my dad confidently steered us through what felt like every single population of the island. I really like the beige/reddish stones (I don't know the special term for that kind of stone but enlighten me if you can) most of these towns are made of; stone buildings are always so much prettier than steel, aren't they? Ever picture would look great here if it weren't for the lines and lines of parked cars practically everywhere. How anyone ever parks out without crashing at least two other cars is a complete mystery to me.

Palmtrees and a seaview don't automatically mean that it's nice and hot outside. If you, like me, refuse to bring your coats because you simply won't accept that you'd need coats in Spain, you might end up wearing three layers and looking like you gained twenty pounds all day. If you, moreover, don't figure out how to use the heating system in the hotel room, you might also wear a fleece jacket and use another one as a second blanket at night.

But that's okay, because at home, there will be snow, so clearly this is the better end of the straw.

On the bright side, I actually got plans for Valentine's Day that don't involve an Anti-Valentine's Day party - look at me evolving and trying new things. Oh, and I gifted my questionable silver box and got no complaints, so mission accomplished, I'd say.

Ready to do more of that.

Love,

Rosy Smith



You May Also Like

0 Comments