Get some insight....February

by - February 28, 2017

Okay, so I'm referencing my url in my CV and have to make an impeccably organized impression, at least concerning my internship search, so I won't be giving out any details on how that's going (if you got a suitable spot, still let me know though). However, I'll say that it is taking so much longer to upload applications and churn out cover letters than I always thought - even once you pick up a certain routine, at some point or another, either your WiFi will leave you hanging or you'll realize in sudden horror that you didn't add "Attached, you will find my portfolio" before the complimentary close and you'll start all over again. Aside from that....
 
I actually despite penne now. The catering at college made me; they never use a different kind of noodles and the pasta dish is basically the only thing I eat there so I have seen enough of them for a lifetime. I feel sick every time I have them. It's a tragedy of enormous magnitude. And a week from today, I'll have to get on the train (and I'll be kicking and screaming) to the place it takes place, even though I have just cozily settled into the stay-at-home life.

 I mean, it's really not fair; the first couple of days after break started, all I could manage was to get out of bed and in front of the TV, munching on cereal and waiting for lunch, basically, before I could do anything substancial. And then, I have been going to the movies and actually going out with different groups of friends....

The older I get, the more categories of friends I develop. There's the ones I've known all my life, who have an entirely different circle of their own now: We're still close in a way that doesn't require a lot of one-on-one time, but it just so happens that I get introduced to their crowd sometimes and try to pretend that I wouldn't gossip about it if they weren't friends of a friend - not because they're particulary gossip-worthy, but because that's what I do. So I attempt to make interesting conversation and fall into fast friendship with them, which seems to get harder with age (that age thing is really annoying) 'cause neither do I know the struggle of dorm partners nor do I ever meet anyone who shares my loath of photoshopping. With my school friends, who have proven to stay the most relevant for me, there's no such thing as desperately staring into space while brainstorming for a fun thing to talk about: They know everything 'cause they've been there with me and we could probably analyse the color of a room together and still enjoy it somehow.

Maybe that's why I can't bond with strangers.

And then there's people, also from high school, whom I'm not actually friends with but whom I've been friendly with at school and who've known me in my glorious days of getting voted Trendsetter in the year book; I've met some at a party this weekend and even though we have absolutely nothing in common, it felt like I was making casual conversation in the cafeteria line on my solid (ugly linoleum) grounds. Refreshing.

I did Valentine's Day without breaking my principles, so props to me! I never wanted to get all teddy-bear Hallmark card-y and heart shaped truffle-y and surprise hot-air-balloon ride-y and, um, you know (I ran out of cheesy stuff I swore not to support), and I am proud to state that I didn't practise any of those things while still sorta acknowledging that the date has a name. I wore a red dress, though, 'cause I'm not fundamentalist enough to spoil myself the fun of treating myself to a new outfit in the color of love. I'm not the grinch of St.Valentine's, for God's sake.

Oh oh oh and I finally stopped whining about my hair and how little there is of it and combing it straight so one can really see the see-through parts and then whining even more, but I went and got some extentions - I will take flattering pictures of how they look soon, but for now you'll have to believe me that they do make the sun shine a little brighter (is that a saying or did I just make that up? You decide). I can snappishly flip strands over my shoulder to match what I'm saying. So cool.

Now all I need is a new manicure and I'm ready to go back to fashion school; physically, at least. In all other ways, I couldn't be lessed tempted, but it's not like anyone will be able to tell.

You'll hear it first.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments