Sunday Sizzles....

by - March 05, 2017

That's what I want right now. See, school starts on Tuesday, so I'm not having the Monday Blues yet; Today, instead, I am craving excitement to feel like I really made use of the free time that I had. Problem is, it's half past one in the afternoon already and I haven't done more than have breakfast, read a shallow Irish novel (I have about fourteen of them and they all start a bit boring by introducing about five different women, get a little better once you get into the story, then take a dramatic turn in the form of someone getting very sick, someone cheating/being cheated on, and someone's dark past catching up to them. Just when you think everyone's finally back on track, another life-changing event befalls at least one woman and the others, who didn't know each other before but are now a close circle of friends, help her get through it once more. The end) and send off another unsolicited application into the cyberspace. Not exactly an unforgettable morning.

I'm so restless, lovelies - Quick, tell me what there is to do to except painting my nails a horrid color? I have strived for a self-care pamper day and ended up unsatisfied, in leggins, and with the smell of acetone up my nostrils, often enough in an attempt to spice up the day without plans, thank you very much.

Okay it's 4 pm and I have made the heavy decision of letting go of the perfect tie-up boots I saw on ebay because sometimes in life, you just have to face the hard facts and accept that they are never gonna be in stock in my size again. Plus, I just saw that there's a 30 percent shipping fee and that is just plain rude. So I went and looked for another kind of tie-ups, namely those which remind me of the heroine of an old Western (or a Lucky Luke comic), and I found some that actually look pretty comfortable and shiny and I want those now. Tragically, I also want the same ones with a more pointy, uncomfortable seeming heel, but I thought to myself "When I'm a real grown-up with my own money, I'm gonna buy every single version of every beautiful shoe I want and fill a room with them" and that comforted me a bit. I wouldn't describe myself as especially greedy, but impractical footwear somehow has me voraciously stack my belongings and growl at everyone who dares to touch them. It's quite a charming quality of mine.

That's it, I'm going to buy myself those shoes as a Back To School gift for myself and I might even get a new phone while I'm at it and then I'm gonna unpaint my nails because they are sheer travesty and then I'm going to set up a date to have something to look forward to. No, not the one my certain someone just suggested. See, he asked for Tuesday which is when I have the only responsibility I have managed to carry out so far, church magazine. In fact, I'm pretty sure I missed the last meeting without excuse, so I sent them an apologetic email yesterday asking to come to the next one, and cancelling this time, I fear, wouldn't exactly redeem my impression.

Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Love,

Rosy Smith



You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Nice Story Rosy! I didn't read the whole but it looks like you are expressing your sizzling sunday with a great ambition. I am going to bookmark your blog. Happy blogging:)

    ReplyDelete