Let's Start On The Wishlist

by - November 07, 2017



Now the whole autumn/orange/temperature-irritation madness is finally over, we can proceed to ignore that there is a whole other month before December and just pass the time pretending it's already appropriate to start piling up the wishes. In fact, it is for me, as it is gonna be my birthday in three weeks and four days - which brings us to the first poi
nt....

A vintagy dress to turn 21 in. As you may know, I take joy in making an absolute fuss out of my birthday, and I almost always buy myself a new dress for it way in advance. I'm pretty late with this year's choice though and just ordered it today. I think it's being shipped off from China (I scouted out this website named rosegal.com because they have loads of vintage inspired stuff and that's the theme I'm going for. I kind of see myself in a hazy cocktail bar with low chairs, looking up from my drink in my petticoat dress with dark eyes and fair skin. I may be also seeing myself in a black and white movie), so fingers crossed it will arrive in time for me to take it home (that's where I'm going for that weekend. I want to meet up with my loveliest friends in said hazy bar and roll our stockings down or something).

A small but kinda medium tote bag but square with a handle but also a strap to wear it crossbody. It's hard to describe, but it has to be that way. I don't even know where that need comes from, because it is a well-known fact that I'm a shoe and not a bag person, but I genuinely do not own anything similar (not sure if anyone does) and I think the last bag I got is from 2015, when I first went to college. So it's not like I'm being totally arbitrary here. We have one at the office by Karl Lagerfeld that I fancy, in pomegranate, which sounds so yummy that I feel obliged to want it. Speaking of red....

All Those Parcels, Nothing For Me


Red velours gloves. These ones I actually saw at &otherstories and they just got that Cruella De Ville vibe to them (without the puppy murdering part) that I think suits me. The longer I think about it, the more I want them. And it is getting pretty freaking cold pretty freaking quickly up here, too, so we're talking necessities and practicalness and stuff here.

Clear make-Up storage thingies. And kitchen storage mug thingies. And coasters, for God's sake. I've been left alone in the homeware section of a lifestyle store for way too long. Gotta keep in mind that I am in fact returning to live at home again for at least another year and won't need my own quiche casseroles. I don't even like quiche (but maybe I could buy some for someone for Christmas?)

Clear skin. It is the rule that when you come home visiting from another place where you're supposed to liven' it up on your own, you have got to look nothing less but stunning. It is also the rule that when you live alone, you (I) tend to eat all the bad (but how can it be bad if it feels so good?) stuff all of the time, so these two are a bit counteracting. My loveliest friend texted me lots of product recommendations this morning and I'm still trying to figure out what to put on when. It's like while some people are slow with reading, I am slow with skincare. I'm astoundingly lost. My usual regime is to buy random stuff I stop using after a week until I have a bad phase and buy something else.

As for last but not least, it is a secret, but I sincerely wish for it more than for everything I've mentioned, so root for me, pretty ple
ase. I'll be rooting for you, too.

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

1 Comments

  1. This is nice vintage dress and it's looking cool on you. Did you learn writing skills from huffpost.com/archive/ca/entry/to-pay-or-not-to-pay-someone-to-write-my-essay-for-me_b_14793970? Your writing style is really amazing and looks like a professional. Keep writing and sharing posts.

    ReplyDelete