I go out to buy a white cardigan....

by - March 20, 2016

....and I find myself in the store with a heap of clothes over my arm, none of which bear any similarity whatsoever to a white cardigan.

I'm not always this successful while shopping, but sometimes, once I pull out one item, they just keep on coming. I was walking through Zara (a place destined to satisfy my sudden clothes cravings) with my oldest friend, and she wanted to find a nice blouse, so out of solidarity (because you don't let friends face the struggle of changing rooms alone) I grabbed a sweater from the sales hanger. And a cardigan (black) because it was soft and sparkly. Oh, and another sweater that seemed a bit nicer than the first one. It had a turtleneck, which I normally despise, but it looked so cute along with its 3/4 lenghth sleeves....and right before we entered the changing room section, I spotted a grey sirt and pulled it off the rack just to have something to try on with the shirts I had. I felt like my dark jeans didn't do the trick; I prefer to see myself head to toe in something new, for the effect. However, though I only took it for the illusion, this skirt happened to be an absolutely great find; midi length, really tight and with a slit down the side.
I don't know if everyone does this, but I have an imaginary wardrobe full of pieces I wish I had, and this skirt has basically taken from there and flung into my way past the ten dollar racket.

So, in the end, I bought a fully new, classy outfit (turns out the turtleneck goes great with the skirt and the cardigan is one of these items who make everything look like you tried and dressed up, 'cause sparkles tend to give that impression). The well-known rush of happiness (and I am a material girl, living in a material world....) overcame me.

Then I went home and realized, once again, that I still don't have a white cardigan and I still need one in my life.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Lovely post! I've found myself in the same position many times! And let's give a round of applause to Zara, my go to place for shoes :)

    elisedorothea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you can relate! Yeah, it's a life saver sometimes, isn't it? x Rosy

      Delete