It's summertime....07/27/2013

by - July 27, 2015

….finally, finally I can feel the warm touch of the sun on my skin again, the burning concrete under my feet, the relieve of a light breeze, messing up my hair. Summer highlights make it glow, there’s no need for make-up - finally my skin is able to breathe again, tan and shine….Long weeks of leisure time ahead of us! No deadlines, no pressure - summer means freedom, also concerning our always-rattling minds. But no nonsensically hanging around please! You’ll regret it by the first day after summer break at the latest, dreaming of the days where you could sleep in and wear your PJs all day.
This is your summer….maybe see some new places, grab those friends you meant to “meet sometime” two years ago or stick to your besties, and do something you never did before. And if it’s painting your room or giving yourself a makeover, it’ll give you the feeling of not having wasted this precious time of long, sunshine filled days….
Let’s make this summer worth thinking back of <3

Rosy Smith

This was my very first post on tumblr, where I still put up all my posts even though I've moved my blog to Blogger (Those who'd like to read my older posts as well, they're on rosysmith.tumblr.com - They're mostly about my trip to London, which was lovely). I still remember being inspired to write that day by the book I was reading: "Pain, Parties, Work - Sylvia Plath in New York, Summer 1953" by Elizabeth Winder. The title already intrigued me so much and I read it with great interest. I love to reread my favorite passages, many of them being quotes from diarys of the young Sylvia Plath, and I think I tried to somehow let the style of this post be influenced by hers. She talked about summers at one point, and I was determined to get into the same spirit which she felt about it. Since then, I have been writing my blog in my usual style, but I really like the fact that one is able to tell that I must have been under the spell of something else when I wrote this.

So, actually, today is kind of like a birthday for Rosy Smith, hence, feel free to celebrate with me! I sure will.

Thanks for reading, where ever you may be,

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments