Hair Issues

by - May 16, 2017

My dad asked me if I was going out the other night, 'cause I had my brightest red lipstick on, but unfortunately, my plans for the evening consisted of taping my mom's TV show (she was out dancing. Find the flaw). Anyways, I told him that's because I went to the hair salon. See, when you have to stare at yourself for an hour in unflattering light, you gotta do a little something pretty to your face. It worked quite well, actually. I got tiny corkscrew curls done with a scary looking hot tool (sometimes, the stylist, who's 16 weeks pregnant, got this spaced-out look in her eyes and smoke descended from my head and I'd get a bit worried, but let's face it, there's not much damage left to do to my hair, so).

Oh and while we're in the chair, let's all remember never to share a Cloud with a guy, even when you get married and have a kid, 'cause you may still break up and have to endure the fact that one day you look at your Ipad pictures and see a little (or a lot, depending on your ex's type) more of his new girl than you ever feared you would. And then your friend, the hair stylist, will be in danger to lose her job because she might not be able to withstand the urge to let the razor slip a little when he's coming to get his lying scalp fixed.

Fun fact, after having read way too many articles on people who've had strokes after going to the hair salon, I am honestly scared of getting my hair washed there. You know how it's, like, the most uncomfortable sensation on the planet when your neck is placed onto the rim of the sink? I tried to hold my head up hovering about it, but I lack the necessary muscles for that. So I just got really really tense and that made it hurt even more and then I tried to get myself to just relax and enjoy the back massage from the chair but then I thought "What if  I just said something it would safe me and if I didn't, something terrible will happen, due solely to the fact that I was too shy and too distracted by the freaking back massage to speak up?"

In the evening, I got a little headache and I had to ask my mom to do the FAST test on me and have her tell me that I'm completely overreacting until I could lay back and watch "The One In Barbados" (thinking about it, I could go finish that now).

Now my hair is alarmingly short but I've learned to accept that a long time ago, when I stopped having to be bribed to get it cut (I just want to state that my hair's never again been as long as it was when I was nine, so I was completely right in making a big deal out of it).

Love,

Rosy Smith



You May Also Like

0 Comments