Clothing Conspiracy

by - May 11, 2017

I rediscovered Cinderella 87 -  an Italian 80s musical made-for-TV movie I've never seen but subconcsiously listened to for years because my mom taped the soundtrack when she was a teenager; I bet that's why I'd think running off with a band guy to become a singer is an excellent idea.

Anyways, I think I was onto some very specific point here but I fear I forgot....it had to do something with clothes?

Ah, yes, got it!

Okay so recently, I was telling someone about my driving exams (yes we're talking plural, can we let it go now?) and how for the first one, I wore a purple tank top and black harem pants, an improvised outfit because I was due to go on vacation shortly after and all my summer clothes were packed up, and how that was a clear indicator for me to fail that day. I also told them about the second exam, where I chose to go for a "comfortable" look, which is always, always the wrong decision for me (so I should have known) consisting of a white t-shirt, a beige cardigan, light blue boyfriend jeans and Converse. Don't ask me what I was thinking. Probably something like "As long as I'm "comfortable", I'll be able to fully concentrate on my driving", which has, as you know, so not proven to work. Concentrated on failing, that did the trick. When I finally passed, I was wearing grey jeans and my beloved black knit backless sweater that keeps charmingly falling off one shoulder. That's what I call a winning outfit. However, the person I was talking to was most astonished by the fact that I recalled every single clothing item I've worn to those tragic occurrences. Like I'd think back and see myself sitting there wearing some clouds of grey smoke or whatever my mind makes up when it's not able to reconstruct stuff. Hello? I remember what each of us wore when we first met (a citrus colored dress shirt with tiny white checks, light shorts / a beige lace shirt with rose print, my tan suede miniskirt, ballet flats). I think it's common courtesy.

Also, to take this a bit further, I feel like there is this phenomenon called "Clothing Karma". I for one avoid wearing certain pieces of clothing that I've had bad experiences in for a while afterwards, 'cause they're too closely tied to the situation. That's why I neglected wearing the grey shirt with leather details I wore to my night driving lesson (to stay with that topic) for quite a long time (That was one terrible driving lesson, which says something, as I can't even remember a particularly decent one), especially for more lessons, because what if I simply can't drive well in this shirt?

I can't be the first to make that up. You must have some weird skeletons in your closet, too, haven't you lovelies?

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Your blog is pretty cool not very much informative but, good to read in free time. The post is bit entertaining and I liked your writing skills also. Keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Not very much informative" could be my new catchphrase. But seriously, thank you! x Rosy

      Delete