Let's talk about food, baby

by - April 13, 2017

Pig parts people: Some construction workers outside were roasting a suckling outside our school grounds and while it was, indeed, quite a disturbing sight, most of my classmates were standing at the windows practically inhaling the scent of fresh meat and coal (refuting the rumors, us fashion girls are a hungry crowd). However, other girls weren't so happy about the free live-cooking action, seeing it more as a live-cruelity act. Rude gestures were spotted, is all I (being totally noncommitted, comme d'hab) am gonna say.

Easter rolls around: What are you gonna do? Egg hunts, fire hazards, or a little easter barbecue (please don't be mad at me)? I have not been eating any chocolate (well, my definition excludes Ben&Jerry's, obviously, but that's really not pure chocolate. Na-ah) for the last six weeks and I haven't gone full-on crazy yet; such victory! Can't wait for Sunday, though. There are some nougat eggs with my name on them.

Reoccuring question: Is my stomach rumbling because I'm hungry or because I've eaten too much raw avocado? Should I just eat some more and hope for the best? Isn't that the answer most of the time?

And while we're at it, what not to eat on dates: A quick reminder, in case you want to brush up on these life-savers. It is strongly advised to avoid anything that can't be eaten with a fork, par exemple salads (those greens get all over the place), soup (slurp) and burgers (lockjaw, or at least unattractively widely opened mouth, not appropriate in public). Holding back on strong flavors such as garlic and liverwurst (it makes me gag to write this) goes without saying. Oh, and don't underestimate the power of carbonic acid to make you feel like someone is pulling your corset strings so tight your rips shrink to the size of Scarlett O'Hara's waist. It's hard to be enticing/funny/able to speak feeling that way.


Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

7 Comments

  1. Haha. We can talk about food all day mate. I'm a big foodie. This was good to read. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting guide for Easter food. Thanks for sharing such an informative blog. I am definitely going to share it with friends and family so that everyone can have a look into the food they eat and be mindful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see anything wrong in it, I actually like the idea of live cooking and having delicious meal but not everyone thinks in a same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see all wrong in it, I actually by now the idea of alive cooking and having lovable meal but packaging sleeves not everyone thinks in a same mannerism.

    ReplyDelete