As I really need to get writing or I'll get mad....

by - July 12, 2016

....I've spent this past weekend (including 4th of July. Especially 4th of July) in my pyjamas, as much as it hurts me to admit so, because I was writing papers like I was getting paid for it (but no, obviously I pay for writing papers since it's supposed to get me in a position where I'll actually be paid for writing things) - however (this is becoming a long sentence), I did put a playlist together to remind me of the brighter days, which will be coming soon. Let's take a look, shall we?

Skin - Rihanna
So I sometimes find random Rihanna tracks I really like - I'm not that into RnB (if that's what her genre is. Is it?), but I stumbled upon this and it's nice n sultry, so why not?

Carry you home - James Blunt
Do you realize she's dying? Do you?

Crazy in love - Beyoncé
In the 50 shades of Grey version, of course. Oh oh oh oh oh-oh oh nonof course.

Love me like you do - Ellie Goulding
Following a theme here.

Kindly calm me down - Meghan Trainor
Have you heard that one? Isn't it good? When she begins to scream "calm me down babe" but not in a screamy way but in a Ed Sheeran Give Me Love kinda way....

Naked - Avril Lavigne
Let go was my first album by Avril Lavigne and it made me fall in love with her and she's awesome and Naked was the song on that album that said "I love you" the most, and it was one of the tracks I had in mind whenever thinking about being in love for the first time, and it never gets old to me because I remember myself being so excited about when it was gonna happen to me, and being so sure of it happening soon (always been quite the optimist), and singing this - it was one of my first albums overall, so naturally one of the first songs I sang -  I guess it's safe to say that this is special to me.

Johnny & June - Heidi Newfield
I only saw Walk The Line hlafway through when I was younger and I was so traumatized by the death of Jack way in the beginning that I can't remember much more, but this song (as well as reading up on their story) made me want to see it again. And, needless to say "love, love you that much, cash it all in, give it all up".

Razorblade Limeade - Evan Taubenfeld
In my humble opinion, Avril and Evan would be the most perfect couple ever, but I guess they'll find their luck together eventually....Meanwhile, I had a phase of crush-googling Evan and finding his album and listening to it on repeat and this track is beautifully worded and it's a shame he's over 30.

In my head (Jason Derulo Cover) -  Mayday  Parade
I feel more cool when I say I listen to Mayday Parade instead of Jason Derulo (that's my way of thinking).

Diet Mountain Dew - Lana Del Rey
"Baby put on heart-shaped sunglasses 'cause we're gonna take a ride" -  a sentence to say before everything you do.

Habits (Stay High) - Tove Lo
Imagine blaming your ex for your drug abuse would be so catchy.
 
Brooklyn Baby  - Lana Del Rey
Cause having a boyfriend in a band will always be one of my eternal, highly ambitious goals.

Our july in the rain (stripped) - He is We
To adequatly appreciate this, you'd have to stand in the pouring rain wearing a soaking wet sundress and messy hair and have a few picturesque streaks of mascara running down your porcellaine skin because you're crying while belting your heart out in the bridge part. There'd also be flashback scenes of you and a handsome guy making out The Notebook style (also while it's raining, duh).

Miss Jackson (feat. Lolo) - Panic! at the Disco
One of the few songs I'd actually raise my arms to.

Why Can't I? - Liz Phair
This has been my ultimate Scotland song when my senior class went for our last great fieldtrip. I basically listened to it on loop for every single bus ride, and we took loads of them. I could still do that.
 
Cool for the Summer - Demi Lovato
When "Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind" is stuck in my head, I can be slightly unnerving company.

I put a spell on you - Annie Lennox
Who could not feel beautiful listening to this with red nail polish on?

Talking Body - Tove Lo
I don't know about you, but I'm on B stage with the mic in hand and a couple of background dancers behind me and we're all doing the diving move to the chorus while fire is shooting up beside us.

Last final tomorrow - Stay on your toes, lovelies.

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

0 Comments