Let me tell you something....

by - April 23, 2016

....I hear guys are often really upset about girls not saying what they mean and not meaning what they say. Or not saying anything at all when they mean to. Let's go one step at a time (to not startle them with too much information at once) and examine the latter case, shall we?

At some point or another, in every kind of relationship, an uncomfortable topic comes up. Often, it's us girls who realize the burning need to enquire certain circumstances: Are we official? Do you love me? Do we plan on getting it on next week? Do you always take the cheque? Does it bother you or not?
Now, those sound like they're not going to be too much fun to talk about. And bluntly phrasing them like I just did tends to come out weak and girly and "let's get married this summer and don't you dare invite your mother"-esque. Sorta.

And that's why one should follow Ronan Keating's advice: "You say it best/ when you say nothing at all".
My take on this is to hope for a soulmate connection that leads to telepathic communication on a mute level. For instance, I want a certain somebody to take me out in a certain way on Sunday. However, I neglected actually telling him so, because I don't want to be bossy, I want to be surprised. So when he dropped me off yesterday, I whispered "Sunday?" in my best movie starlett voice, and he confirmed "Sunday" back at me. It didn't sound very special when he said it, though. Still, I didn't feel like elaborating on the dozen questions that occur with that single word. So I honestly hope that he got all I meant by noticing my breathy tone and slight lash fluttering.

Chances are, he didn't and now it's going to be awkward for me when his plans don't live up to my expectations. But I'd choose that anytime over both of us feeling the guaranteed awkwardness while talking.

I hope this helped. In some way.

Love,

Rosy Smith

You May Also Like

0 Comments