They asked for it, lovelies.....

by - June 17, 2016

....a couple of weeks ago, my precious classmates had a discussion that involved body fluids (in the literal sense. No one exchanged any. We're all into boys here). I like to keep quiet during those kinds of conversations, because ew, did I not need to hear that water bottle comparasion (please put it down. Also, that can't be true). Okay, so I was listening, but I can keep my thoughts to myself - most of the time. In person. But they started on such an interesting topic, I just have to share my views on that:

Is it okay to hook up (I mean sleep but that's not something I'd say) with your ex?

Well, that's not nicely phrased, 'cause of course it's okay. You do you, and everything. Is it advisable, though? Probably not. I think its confusing; just like staying friends with your ex (I'm not a big supporter of that phenomenom, either), the action is so familiar and closely tied with your bygone relationship that you're not really out of it. 50% of you (the physical part) still treats him the same - so how are you over? Why break up if you're still willing to make time for him? Sure, you might not be on the same page emotionally, or generally. But isn't it hard to remember that when your body has full access to and is getting response by his?

On the other hand, I never tried, and I'm willing to believe that, if you're emotionally unattached, such an arrangment may at least be easier than  "staying friends". Thinking "I hate that guy but he's hot so why not" doesn't sound totally healthy, but I guess that way, you won't have so much trouble stopping. When staying friends, it's just this weird "we talk on the couch like we used to, but we're not making out - and then there's this silence when we'd be supposed to make out and it's so creepy because I'm so used to this part being about making out that I don't know what to do next and it's really hard to just go home now and I think I still want him BOOM that friendship thing doesn't work" situation.

Oh, I'm talking about regulary throwbacks, just to make that clear. A one time thing is just a messy way of one last hooray. 

Questions left?

Love,

Rosy Smith


You May Also Like

0 Comments